A major quantitative asset manager in Boston is looking for a software engineer to help develop and improve their data and research frameworks. Heavy Python experience preferred!
- Systems design principals, grid compute, big data processing using Python, strong communication skills.
- Assist in development improvements and support of proprietary Python based computation framework.
- Work with quantitative researchers to leverage core infrastructure features/frameworks for their research.
- Analyze and incorporate feedback from research teams into feature improvements and designs.
- A deep passion for technology and software development
- Proficient working in python (preferred), JVM, or other non-database centric programming language. Experience with Pandas / Numpy libraries a plus.
- Experience working with transformation and storage of quant financial (timeseries) data
- Experienced in implementation and operation of mission-critical systems.
- Intermediate-level experience working with Linux operating systems including command line.
- Experience with vendor data is a plus (QA Direct (qai), IBES, Reuters, IDC, Compustat, etc.)
Apply for the Software Engineer position.