Quantitative ResearcherNew York City $250,000 - $500,000 DOE
Our clients in both NYC and Chicago, are looking to hire Quantitative Researchers to develop intraday, intermediate and long-term trading strategies in either one of these asset classes - foreign exchange, cash equities or futures. These strategies will complement and diversify the firm's main strategies. These researchers will work to maximize performance and PNL by utilizing quantitative methods, and technological tools.
- Perform advanced quantitative research to develop and improve financial trading strategies.
- Develop and test software in C/C++ in the Linux operating system environment.
- Generate production analysis and operations work relating to the development, operation, and improvement of quantitative trading methods.
- Create new statistical models for financial markets
- Analyze data obtained from markets to improve existing models using Matlab, R, Python, or similar analysis languages.
- Design trading strategies based on derived models
- Perform statistical analysis of large sets of financial data, simulate quantitative trading systems, and develop algorithms
- Establish research plans, clean and process data, and perform data modeling, evaluations, and simulations.
- Write research reports
- Software development, including:
- Producing analysis software
- Development of production software
- Testing of both research and production software
- Production work, including both offline analyses of production trading and portfolios as well as real-time operations work to keep the production trading systems running.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in quantitative discipline from top tier university preferred
- Strong Perl/Python and UNIX skills are a must
- Experience with a statistical package such as R or MATLAB
- Knowledge of C/C++
- KDB+/Q experience a definite plus
- 1-2 years relevant experience as quantitative researcher or quantitative programmer/analyst
- Preference given to candidates w/ relevant experience in algorithmic trading, automated market making, and/or proprietary trading with an equity focus