Network EngineerChicago $250,000 - $400,000
Top Tier proprietary electronic trading firm is seeking a Network Engineer to join a team focused on designing, developing, and maintaining networks. Responsibilities involve building and supporting optimized network infrastructure, evaluating new technologies, short and long term project work, and continually driving improvements in network performance to support trading platforms.
Experience supporting applications in a Network environment is a must. This position provides an exceptional compensation package recognizing contributions to company’s operating performance.
- Work with teammates to drive the design and deployment of new installations of trading systems at exchange collocations
- Design and implement a high performance, WAN/LAN infrastructure tailors to firm’s trading applications.
- Employ automation to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues
- Find and improve performance bottlenecks
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Deep understanding of IP networking:
- Switching, Routing (BGP), Multicast (IGMP, PIM)
- Experience with optical networking technology
- Performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
- Packet capture and analysis
- Experience with a scripting language such as python or perl
- Experience with Linux.