Senior Network Engineer, Trading Applications
Senior Network Engineer, Trading ApplicationsNYC $300,000 - $350,000
Top Tier proprietary electronic trading firm is seeking an exceptional Network Specialist to join their team focused on designing, developing, and maintaining networks. Responsibilities involve building and supporting optimized network infrastructure, evaluating new technologies, short and long term project work, and continually driving improvements in network performance to support our trading platforms.
Experience supporting applications in a Network environment is a must. This position provides an exceptional compensation package recognizing contributions to company’s operating performance.
- Work with teammates to drive the design and deployment of new installations of trading systems at exchange collocations
- Design and implement a high performance, WAN/LAN infrastructure tailors to our trading applications.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for use in the environment
- Employ automation to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues
- Find and improve performance
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Deep understanding of IP networking:
- Switching, Routing (BGP), Multicast (IGMP, PIM)
- Experience with optical networking technology
- Performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
- Packet capture and analysis
- Experience with python or perl
- Experience with Linux.
- Able and willing to do critical strategy work all the way through hands on implementation
- Detail oriented, analytical mindset, highly effective at decision making