Data ScientistNew York City $200,000 - $400,000 DOE
Data scientists/developers with Machine Learning and Data Mining expertise for New York and Chicago to mine data, identify opportunities and build tools which will enable new approaches to trading as well as the way we look at information. The successful candidate will enjoy utilizing their extensive software, quantitative and statistical skills in order to extract value from our large database of proprietary financial information.
Candidates will possess both strong programming and analytical/mathematical abilities. Profiles for this role may include (but not limited to) individuals with a background in mathematics, physics or computer science who also possess extensive programming experience or software developers who have a demonstrated experience in mathematics, algorithms or theory.
- Learn and internalize the theories behind current trading system.
- Participate in the design, architecture and implementation of next generation software.
- Enhance back testing simulation infrastructure.
- Take ownership of system from design to implementation.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members in defining and prioritizing technical projects.
- Extremely proficient in Python with an understanding of the C++ language.
- Experience implementing machine learning techniques, time series analysis, digital signal process, statistics or applied mathematics in a commercial setting.
- Experience developing systems which successfully interpret enormous amounts of historical data.
- Experience manipulating and maintaining large data sets.
- Strong background with statistical programming languages preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Extensive mathematical or statistical knowledge.