Java DeveloperChicago $200,000 - $300,000
Our client is seeking a dedicated Senior Java Developer for its growing regulatory and surveillance needs. The person will be a part of the Compliance Technology team working directly with the members of the Compliance and Surveillance teams to build the necessary real time reporting and alerting mechanisms. No financial industry experience is needed although experience in finance is a plus. Your Java development expertise could have you working with one of the legendary firms in high frequency trading.
- Work closely with the trading, technology, compliance, clearing, and finance departments with the implementation of compliance programs
- Enhance existing surveillance and alerting infrastructure
- Create new alerts or surveillance reports as needed
- Create applications to ensure compliance with regulatory rules
- Enhance effectiveness and performance of existing reports and alerts
- Assist in interpretation and implementation of SEC, FINRA, FCA and other relevant regulations
- Assist in developing, drafting and implementing policies and procedures.
- Revise, prepare, and disseminate new and updated compliance standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile environment with automated testing
- Strong knowledge of SQL, preferably Oracle, Microsoft SQL or Vertica
- Strong knowledge of Java/Python
- Ability to build code and scripts for ad hoc data requests
- Understanding of web based reporting/presentation structures
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters products, a plus
- Knowledge of SEC and SRO Rules and Regulations a plus
- Knowledge of trading/financial industry a plus