Systems EngineerLos Angeles $150,000 - $200,000
Los Angeles area investment firm is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join a team focused on maintaining Linux servers and desktops for all sites. Qualified candidate must be open to working at all levels of support and different types of projects. Must be willing to take part in a 24/7 on call rotation and serve as the subject matter expert of all things Linux. Financial industry background (Low Latency Trading operations) preferred.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Extensive knowledge of RHEL, CentOS and Fedora Linux including kickstart, building RPM packages, managing yum repositories, etc.
- Scripting experience in at least two of: Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Extensive experience in automating systems with Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Salt Stack, etc.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP multicast, IGMP, DHCP, PXE, DNS
- Managing Linux authentication to Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP
- Time synchronization with NTP and PTP (IEEE1588)
- Using and managing Version Control Systems such as Perforce and git
- Continuously integrating code with Jenkins or Bamboo
- Intimate knowledge of Intel x86 hardware architecture
- Standard network file system protocols such as NFS, SMB and distributed parallel file systems such as GPFS and Lustre
- A strong mindset on security with experience in PKI, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, VPN, Deep Packet Inspection, sudo, encryption algorithms, cryptographic hashing, audits, penetration testing
- Experience in managing data centers around the globe including initial design, capacity planning and forecasting
- Virtualization with VMware, KVM a plus
- Using Splunk for monitoring, analysis and alerts
- Willing to travel several times a year for data center projects
- Fostering close relationships with technology vendors
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Redhat Linux OS.
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP networking (tcpdump, packet captures, stack tuning).