Dev OPSNYC $200,000 +
Work effectively as part of this Hedge Fund’s technology organization. Communicate with Strats, Dev and IT teams leveraging shared technology and infrastructure. Work with a wide variety of financial and macroeconomic data in various formats and storage systems. Firm is looking for a self-starter with excellent attention to detail and comfortable working within a complex business environment.
Must be able to:
- Deliver solutions quickly, while working within a professional software engineering environment
- Understand and use appropriate software engineering techniques, including thoughtful design, unit testing, integration testing, and development
- Have familiarity using distributed source code management systems, work/bug tracking systems, and automated build/testing technology
- Debug Excel models, internal software, and financial data issues
- Respond to support requests originating from Front Office personnel in a timely manner
- Professional experience in Python, C#, or C++ and interest in learning the others
- Professional experience in SQL
- Knowledge of some combination of fixed income/credit/structured credit/equity/derivatives products preferred
- Some knowledge of Excel/VBA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergrad or graduate Computer Science degree from a top-tier university