Quantitative ResearcherBoston $200,000 - $300,000 DOE
Boston based asset manager is looking for a Quantitative Researcher to provide daily oversight for the firm’s core equity portfolios through research of drivers of positioning and performance. Duties entail identifying, summarizing and articulating, both internally and externally, the key sources of performance and positioning in the portfolios. The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of portfolio construction and optimization and have experience working with large data sets. Extensive knowledge of econometrics and statistics is crucial and experience programming in Python is preferred. This person should be able to read code and design tools for oversight but does not need to write production level code. If you have an interest in quant equity long only quantitative research, this job is for you.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, computer science or a related field; master’s degree or CFA preferred; bachelor’s degree must be accompanied with minimum of two years related work experience.
- Familiarity with financial markets and extensive prior experience working with large data sets.
- Strong experience with programming languages (Python is preferred) and database software (SQL is preferred).
- Exceptional analytic skills as demonstrated by standardized test scores, GPAs from well-known academic institutions, and general problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and the ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills