StrategistBoston, MA $200,000 - $300,000
We are seeking an Associate Strategist to join a team that 1) advises institutional clients and produces original research on thematic issues in quantitative investing and 2) explores new investment strategies for clients. The Associate Strategist will perform rigorous empirical analysis and communicate results through inventive visual analytics, write-ups, and presentations. Potential subject matter is broad, spanning a variety of quantitative equity and multi-asset strategies, such as options and volatility trading strategies, asset allocation, risk modeling, portfolio construction, and market structure. The Associate Strategist will work closely with the Investment, Marketing, and Research teams.
- Produce rigorous statistical analyses and historical simulations
- Extract, integrate, and analyze data from large, complex data sets
- Develop functionality to facilitate research
- Write concise, engaging research papers and develop creative visual analytics.
- Present ideas both internally and externally.
- Assist in development of new trading strategies with clients
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably with a focus on empirical analysis and/or data science. Advanced training preferred (MS or PhD)
- 2+ years of professional experience in finance or economics, e.g., asset management, quantitative trading, investment consulting, applied academic research
- Fluency in some selection of programming languages and/or data analysis environments, e.g., Python, SQL, Matlab, R, Q
- Experience manipulating large, complex data sets
- Strong written and oral communication skills