HPC EngineerNYC, NY 500K
An industry-leading, data-driven, quantitative trading firm is looking for a Senior HPC Engineer to join an expanding team of HPC experts in their cutting-edge Research and Development organization. Their researchers and trading teams need fast, flexible, and highly reliable computing clusters. This position is a terrific opportunity for an HPC engineer who enjoys quick feedback loops and finding uncommon ways to optimize systems.
- Supporting and monitoring a large-scale (petabytes of data) research and development environment critical for creation and simulation of algorithmic trading strategies
- Continually improve the capabilities of our HPC infrastructure and file systems, from networking and storage to scheduling and specific cluster workloads.
- Design and deploy creative solutions to complex hardware, Linux, and file-system issues.
- Working closely with end users (researchers and traders) to understand, troubleshoot, and optimize their workloads
- Collecting and analyzing logs and metrics to determine further improvements
- Engineering improvements to the research cluster and new cluster setups in public clouds.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of Linux
- Experience working on an HPC cluster
- Strong knowledge of HPC schedulers, provisioning systems, and scalable storage.
- Experience developing or modifying software in a Linux environment
- Advanced scripting or programming skills (Python, C/C++)
- Good client-facing communication skills