Data EngineerNYC, NY $250,000 - $350,000
A NY based Multi-Strategy Investment Management Firm is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. We are a research driven firm whose leading strategies are informed by economic intuition, differentiated by the application of sophisticated technologies and algorithms, and managed by rigorous firm wide and strategy specific risk management models. We are charting a new path for the financial trading and investment management industry through our quantitative focus and algorithmically driven strategies.
We utilize ground-breaking strategies, cutting edge technology, and a collaboration to engage with all our trading counterparties, institutional, and HNW investors’ diverse needs Our thought leadership enables us to continually reach beyond the limits of traditional trading firms and asset managers while operating a firm with an unparalleled commitment to transparency and excellence.
Data Engineer will be working as part of a highly integrated team to apply engineering and analytical competencies to the design and implementation of real-time market data delivery, management, distribution and consumption to the firm’s mission critical trading applications, quantitative research platform, trading risk management, financial control and accounting, and other crucial systems. You will lead team efforts to build the firm’s capabilities to transform large amounts of structured and unstructured data including text, time series data, events, and news into machine readable signal generating applications to drive quantitative trading strategies and the investment decision making process. As a young firm in a nascent industry, you will have the opportunity to make a large impact on quantitative research, trading and investment from the onset.
Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions supporting the quantitative research, trading and investment teams facilitating data pipelines from exchanges, liquidity centers, and other market data providers
Partner trading, research, and investment teams to define priorities and deliver custom data solutions
Experience working with exchanges and direct feeds
Lead efforts to create new data sources and data dimensions
Enable world class Market Data services through shaping of systems, tools, processes and standards
Produce comprehensive, usable market dataset documentation and metadata
Adopt new technologies to improve existing frameworks of data flow and monitoring
Able to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale and high dimensionality data from varying sources
Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high-quality delivery
We value candidates who can work in a hands-on technical environment, thrive on learning new technologies, and have the ability to develop proficiency in new methods, standards and solutions.
You should love solving deep complex technical, trading and business problems and want to have an massive impact with the products you build and deliver.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Advanced training in Computer or Data Science, Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related field)
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, data science or related areas with experience in building large scale repositories for big data
- Passionate about financial markets
- Experience and high proficiency coding and using Python (numpy, pandas), C#, C++, OOP, JVM/Java
- Processing big data with Python using Spark, Dask, Blaze, Docker, etc.
- OLAP with AWS Redshift or Google BigQuery
- ETL tools and orchestration with Apache Airflow, AWS Glue, or Google Dataflow
- Optimize market data repositories for reduced latency and efficient indexing in a production environment
- Advanced knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python and Q preferred, or Perl)
- Must have a positive, collaborative team-player attitude
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and relentless in pursuit of the right answer through proper data representations
- Strong communicator who excels at rapid synthesis
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the firm’s overall trading and investment related data engineering needs