SQL Business Intelligence Developer
SQL Business Intelligence DeveloperNYC 300k
Our client is looking for a candidate to work in a fast-paced data analysis role within the Risk and Performance Reporting team. The role will be embedded within the Risk Reporting team, but working closely with the core team.
This role will suit either a SQL developer wanting to advance their BI skills, or a full stack BI developer who wants to become embedded in the business and extend their domain knowledge of financial services.
From a technical point of view, we work primarily in SQL Server, using Excel and Reporting Services, and migrating to PowerBI as the presentation layer. Analysis Services in Tabular mode is a key data source, and learning DAX as a query language will be required for this role.
The core team interacts with all areas of the business.
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server Development and data analysis skills
- Experience with large data sets, data quality/error checking/controls
- Experience with data aggregation/presentation/visualization and automation of tools to give power and flexibility to the end user. Use of interactive pivots, and imposing rulesets on datasets to prevent nonsensical output
- Good head for numbers and a basic knowledge of risk and performance, including the ability to sense-check data and gauge when an output does not look correct
- Ability to take a problem that exists today, foresee how the requirements and constraints might evolve in the future, and build a solution to cater for this
- Analysis Services (or equivalent OLAP tool)
- Reporting Services (or equivalent reporting tool)
- PowerBI (or equivalent, such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience implementing and supporting Self-service BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView or Microsoft PowerBI/Excel (PowerPivot, PowerQuery)
- Working with complex data sets, preferably with prior experience in a financial setting