Cloud EngineerNYC, NY 300- 400K
NYC Hedge Fund looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer, with a passion for Linux, the public cloud, automation, and configuration management. Our engineers love to work on challenging and complicated problems, and in return, they have a chance to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential.
Quality cloud infrastructure is crucial to our growth and success, and as a senior member of our Core Engineering team, you’ll design and architect our next generation cloud platform, ensuring all of our engineering teams have access to the cloud platform. In addition to building the cloud platform, you’ll collaborate closely with engineering teams, helping their applications work well with the cloud.
- Mange and improve our current-generation cloud platform, leveraging scripting and automation tools
- Design and architect our next-generation public cloud platform
- Partner with engineering teams to understand their requirements and facilitate on-boarding of their applications onto our cloud platform
- Use devops and infrastructure as code methodologies to realize the cloud platform
- Work with systems engineers to bridge Linux, storage, and network infrastructure with the cloud platform
- 5-10 years of systems engineering experience, with a Linux focus and including 2-6 years of work with highly relevant public cloud technology
- Excellent Linux systems administration, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS), including automation, configuration management, and CI/CD
- Well-developed Python and bash programming skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field from a strong academic program.