HPC EngineerChicago 200- 300K
A premier prop trading firm in Chicago is looking for a diligent HPC Systems Engineer who is able to function independently, solving and troubleshooting computing resource and desktop issues immediately.
The HPC Engineer is able to navigate storage system upgrades, maintenance, cluster and desktop builds with savvy.
The HPC Engineer is also able to communicate effectively with external entities and internal counterparts.
The preference is for an individual that has worked in a research environment, understands the scope of needs for researchers, and is able to build technical solutions accordingly.
● Setup and maintain Linux desktops, compute clusters and storage systems
● Provide operational support for the systems and computing resources, including high-performance systems.
● Manage and maintain file systems
● Support network needs and make improvements to network management
● Take ownership and maintain user requests and solve issues quickly to minimize downtime.
● Assist in hardware and software upgrades
● 3+ years of related work experience
● Experience with distributed storage and file system management technologies such as GPFS or Lustre
● Experience with Linux scripting. Python preferred.
● Experience with low-latency networks and systems is preferred.
● Experience with high-performance networking technologies such as InfiniBand.
● Experience with the installation, configuration, management and use of high-performance computing resources preferred.
● Ethernet network design and implementation and experience with Juniper switches preferred.
● Experience with provisioning and monitoring systems preferred