Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems EngineerChicago 300k
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a growing and profitable prop trading firm.
- Extensive experience in managing Linux systems at scale.
- Proficient in at least one major configuration management system, such as Chef, Salt, Puppet or Ansible.
- Expertise in scripting in shell, Python, or similar.
- Detailed understanding of:
- computer hardware and architecture
- Linux kernel builds, configuration and tuning
- RPM or deb packaging, apt/yum repositories
- DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, SSH, PKI
- Performance characteristics of HDDs and SSDs
- IP, TCP, UDP
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Distributed filesystems such as NFS, GPFS and Lustre
- High availability deployments using open source software
- High precision time synchronization using IEEE 1588 PTP, GPS, PPS, NTP
- VMware vSphere, ESX and vSAN
- Active Directory or LDAP
- Splunk, Grafana, Icinga, Sensu, Prometheus
- PostgreSQL and Influxdb