Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software EngineerNYC, NY 300K - 400K
Our client is looking for a server-side senior software engineer to join our front office application development group. As part of this team, you’ll help build the firm wide risk and analytics platform across all asset classes using distributed compute technologies. The role will require you to heavily collaborate with the trading desk and Quant team. With your development experience and commitment to high quality software, you’ll be instrumental in evolving our front/middle office systems to be more adaptable and laying a strong foundation for our continued success.
Existing Tech Stack:
- Significant installed base of C# on Windows
- Growing use of Python for data analysis
- Moving towards the use of Apache stack for distributed compute as well as container based infrastructure running in Kubernetes
- Target languages are C# (.Net Core), Python, Java, and Go for core services
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain core frameworks as well as applications and services
- Write clean, performant, understandable code
- Collaborate with team members to build the best possible solution for a given problem
- Continuously improve the overall quality of our shared code base
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining distributed computing solutions, experience with Apache stack is a big plus.
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining performant, reliable front office services particularly in the analytical/risk space
- Positive individual with strong communication skills; able to interface well with users and other development teams
- Experience building core services/frameworks
- Experience with C#, Java, Python, or similar language
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
- Strong in fundamental computer science concepts and experience in using these concepts in a real world setting, primarily around building core platforms.
- Experience building analytical services in Python (e.g. backtesting tools, portfolio optimization, etc.)
- Building and deploying scalable services in Kubernetes
- Bachelors in Computer Science and/or Mathematics