Associate Portfolio Manager
Associate Portfolio ManagerDallas, TX 200-300K
Our clients Portfolio Management team is seeking an associate portfolio manager to contribute to the continued growth and success of our residential loan and securities business. We opportunistically invests in U.S. residential whole loans and securities. The candidate will interact with all teams such as Transaction Management, Finance, Analytics and Asset Management, in addition to the head of the Firm.
• Support all trading activities related to U.S. residential mortgages, from bid evaluation, acquisition, disposition, and securitization.
• Work closely with trading and financing counter parties to evaluate and explore financing options and capital market executions.
• Collaborating with various teams such as Transaction Management, Finance, Analytics and Asset Management.
• Work with Analytics team on the infrastructure build-out associated with the portfolio management.
• Work with whole loan transaction management team to track the due diligence and closing processes.
• Assist finance team in reconciling and processing monthly whole loan servicer remittance tapes.
• Assist in day-to-day repo financing for securities and monthly warehouse financing for loans.
• Compare various financing options including securitized deal execution.
• Managing daily risk position and portfolio P&L.
• Optimizing loan portfolios for sale and securitization.
• Prepare/compile reports for Senior Management review.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any), Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field and 3-5 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
• Prior experience with structured products, especially residential mortgages, securities and structuring is strongly preferred.
• Candidates must have programming experience (e.g. SQL, Python, etc.) and proficiency in Excel.
• Applicants should possess excellent communication skills and be organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to work in Uptown Dallas office.