Trading Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Trading Systems Infrastructure EngineerNYC $200,000-$250,000 TC
Our client seeks a talented Engineer to work in a team managing the infrastructure of the trading group and provide support to Trading Operations. Work closely with Quant/Traders to address issues pertaining to production and research environments. Support quant research’s computing environment as well as firm’s market data system.
- Manage capacity planning of server, network, and storage environments.
- System administration for firm’s multiple trading systems and responsibility for design and implementation of new server hardware and networking technologies.
- Performance testing and validation of new hardware and Operating Systems to ensure requirements are met.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience implementing and administering Linux Servers in an enterprise environment.
- RH / CentOS experience preferred but not required. Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Strong scripting skills a must (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts such as IP Routing and various IP related protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, Multicast UDP).
- Good understanding of storage solutions and storage related technologies
- Understanding of how Financial Trading Systems work at a high level and knowledge of Exchange Protocols. General understanding of ULL/HFT concepts a bonus.
- Knowledge of grid computing, and/or HDFS/HBASE a plus.
- Bachelors, Masters or PHD in computer science or closely related field
- Team player, good communication
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of projects