- Senior Python Full Stack Engineer 300K Looking for strong Python full-stack developer to work on important internal web services which are critical to the firm. The right candidate will have the ability to advance the architecture and onboarding of these applications, as well as drive future project directions and architecture as it is integrated through significant parts of the firm. more →
C++ Execution Developer
Seeking a C++ Developer to join a successful and growing front office team of developers. The small team is responsible for a proprietary execution management system used by a spectrum of end users – from latency sensitive to those requiring a feature-rich execution solution.
The successful candidate will have strong C++ skills and a background in robust, well-tested projects on Linux. We seek good software engineers who have an interest in best practices, and a passion for technology and open source.
The team works closely with quant traders and developers, in both the U.S. and the U.K., and sits within the front office. Each engineer on the team is responsible for both coding and integration with trading teams and brokers. As such, the team is positioned to impact and gain knowledge on markets and trading.more →
- Quant Researcher $300-400k The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources. more →
As a quantitative analyst you would be responsible for researching and implementing alpha generating, risk and trading models. This is a hands-on role responsible for creating and optimizing new quantitative systematic portfolio models. You will also be tasked with creating a research agenda and back testing/researching ideas across all elements of the investment process.more →
Our client is looking for a Quantitative Researcher, you will research and develop innovative quantitative strategies in equities and futures. Researchers explore vast amounts of market data, applying novel machine learning algorithms and statistical approaches to discover and capitalize on trading opportunities.more →
- Data Sourcing $400K + Our client is seeking a senior alternative data sourcing to be part of an exciting new team. Primary responsibilities are proactively seeking new sources of data more →
- Python Quantitative Developer $300-400K Our client seeks a Python Quantitative Developer to join a growing team engaged in systematic trading of equities. You will work directly in an extremely experienced trading team to design and implement a complex suite of research, data, and trading systems. more →
Trading System Team Lead
Our client is seeing a Trading System Team Lead
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong multithreaded C++ skills
- Strong Python skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage projects
- Experience building high frequency trading systems
- Experience with the backtesting and simulation of automated trading strategies
- An strong understanding of straight-through-processing (STP) requirements and EMS/OMS architectures
- Experience with FIX and a good understanding of the protocol
- Real-time market data development experience
- Experience developing services and microservice infrastructures
- Cross asset trading experience with a particular focus on equities
Our people come in each day ready to work hard, adapt to new challenges, and find solutions. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals to develop quantamental (QM) data pipelines for our Portfolio Managers. Your role will include using the latest techniques to analyze mountains of data and apply them to new and existing trading.
As a QM data engineer you will work closely with all the groups to analyze market data and trading strategies, and develop new ways to analyze the market.
You need to have a working skill set in programming, preferably Python and SQL. On the analysis side, you will need a working knowledge of statistics.
In addition to data analysis, this role will include data infrastructure development.
This position will be tailored to employ your strengths. We are looking for self-starters with a passion working with data. You will be embedded in a PM/trading team.more →
Lead Cloud Applications Architect
Comp to 500K
This platform is designed to enable business units to take advantage of tools and data, alongside cloud native capabilities, to iterate quickly, and build elastic systems, while ensuring the security and resiliency of the platform.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to engage directly with end users and application development teams building cloud-based tools, to understand their requirements, and enable them to leverage our public cloud offerings. Based on the business needs, this candidate will help set the technical direction and drive the development requirements for our cloud platforms.
The candidate will oversee a small team of solution architects that will help design and deploy cloud-based systems for the application developers and business units. The Solutions Architects will work closely with application developers, quants, and data scientists that are aligned with those teams. These engineers will provide their expertise in cloud systems and offerings, as well as the in-house framework and tools we develop on top of them.
We are looking for a senior, hands-on Manager/Engineer who is customer focused.
This individual will have a strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, and the various offerings from cloud providers including AWS, Google, and Azure. The candidate will also have experience automating the build and management of cloud infrastructure on at least one cloud provider. The candidate must have experience with source control and developing production code in one or more languages that preferably includes Python.
The candidate should have some knowledge of Linux systems administration, container orchestration, networking, and security, including automated configuration and state management, and orchestration across systems. Experience with tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible is desired. Experience with logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting is also strongly desired.more →
Python Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer who will take a key role on our team. This developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development.
You’ll be working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various services and platform applications.more →
$300K - 400K
Our client, a major hedge fund is seeking a developer to join a successful trading team. This developer will maintain and enhance existing code. We expect this developer to extend the applications and infrastructure to trade new assets such as equities from the existing FX, FI and futures trading.more →
Our client is seeking a small number of exceptionally talented, highly collaborative engineers to architect and build the cutting-edge technologies that power our research and trading systems. Engineers build, test, and manage the applications that power the full life cycle of a trade – from historical and live data, to research and trading strategies, to order management and execution, and post-trade processing and analysis.
Specific responsibilities may include partnering with business leaders to define priorities and deliver custom solutions, developing distributed systems to analyze and react to incoming data in real time, creating tools for advanced mathematical modeling at scale, and/or designing and developing investment and business support systems, among others.more →
Senior Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a growing and profitable prop trading firm.more →
$500 – $5M
We are working with a new hedge fund in NYC that is looking for a variety of PMs to build out different businesses from the ground level. This is a multi-strategy fund that will consider any successful strategy including but not limited to: Statistical Arbitrage, Vol Arbitrage, Merger Arbitrage, Equity Derivatives, ETFs, Fixed Income, Futures and Liquid Credit. They have a lot of capital to deploy and unlike most hedge funds, they can pay very competitive payouts. So if you are looking to start your own team or to move you existing team over to a greenfield platform with a better payout and less nonsense give us a call. NYC based but remote location ok.
Our client seeks a trading infrastructure quantitative developer to build, enhance and support its research infrastructure. The candidate will work within a team of quantitative developers and researchers, and will be integral to the introduction of new alphas and models from research into tradingmore →
- Data Engineer $250,000 - $350,000 A NY based Multi-Strategy Investment Management Firm is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. We are a research driven firm whose leading strategies are informed by economic intuition, differentiated by the application of sophisticated technologies and algorithms, and managed by rigorous firm wide and strategy specific risk management models. We are charting a new path for the financial trading and investment management industry through our quantitative focus and algorithmically driven strategies. more →
- Quantitative Developer $400k Our client is looking for a quantitative developer to build, enhance and support its research infrastructure for futures and FX trading strategies. The candidate will work within a team of quantitative developers and researchers, and will be a key contributor to implement new alphas or models into production. more →
Senior C++ Low Latency Developer
400K - 500K
Our client is looking for a Senior C++ Low Latency Developer with a minimum of 5-10 years of experience. Experience with C++ 14 is required with C++ 17 or 20 is a plus. A solid Computer Science background combined with your experience in HFT is a must have requirement. This is a group of 4 Senior Developers building a new C++ Low Latency Trading applications and extending the infrastructure as required.
Skills: C++ 14, Linux, Low Latency, High Frequency Tradingmore →
Experience building/managing infrastructure in Python on a Portfolio Management team or on a Data Team.
Medium frequency trading experience preferred.
Experience working on/building global infrastructure (i.e. worked on data issues outside US)
Once infrastructure is built the role will entail Quantitate/Alpha Research
Hands on coding experience is a must; experience in Python or R ;SQL knowledge is required.
LINUX knowledge is a plus.
Would consider pure tech candidates from data teams but the individual should be interested in doing alpha research.more →
300K - 400K
Systematic buy side firm looking for a Low Latency C++ Linux developer to work in close collaboration with Traders on development and support of the Trading Infrastructure, Market Data collection and implementation of Quantitative Strategies. Will also be responsible for performance improvement, and latency reduction. Excellent opportunity to get to the buy side working alongside Portfolio Managers and Quants in the Front Office.more →
200k - 400K
Looking for Linux Engineers to work collaboratively with technology teams and business leaders to expand, enhance, and improve our ultra-low latency Linux trading infrastructure
Helping tune performance and ensure high availability of our Linux infrastructure systems
Designing and developing infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
Developing and maintaining configuration management solutions
Building out test automation framework in collaboration with the team
Creating tools to help teams optimize on the available infrastructure
Driving change by taking ownership of tasks from beginning to end and employing creative solutions within various areas of the stack to reinforce better, faster technology
Analyzing complex technical issues as well as proactively creating solutionsmore →
$250,000 - $300,000
Mid-town systematic trading firm is looking for a low latency C++ programmer to work in close collaboration with traders on development of trading infrastructure and strategies.more →
Our client is looking for a motivated developer with strong technical skills to join our development team in Chicago. The candidate will be tasked with expanding our platform to support new products and techniques, analyzing and implementing new trading models, and building out key pieces of infrastructure to support new and existing lines of business.
Senior C++ Low Latency Developer
Our client is looking for a Senior C++ Low Latency Linux Developer with 3-10 years of experience. While financial experience is not required, a solid Computer Science background is. This is a new group building a new C++ Low Latency Trading System. This is a comprehensive and new system being built by a small team. Think start-up environment inside an established firm.
Skills: C++, Linux, Low latency, multi-threading, data structuremore →
Excellent work/life balance
Tired commuting or not interested in going back to the city?
We are looking for an ambitious Recruiter / Client Manager to join our very successful team in Westchester County, New York.more →
Committed to Excellence
We are a 32 year old executive search firm, we specialize in the systematic and quantitative trading space. HRG is hired by a select group of prop trading firms, hedge funds, and asset managers who rely on us to align them with the highest caliber of trading, research and technical talent.